#50 Monday Morning Coffee Post

My computer just broke. It gave me a new experience, one thing is making a choice to stay offline another thing is when you can't open that screen and be sucked in by a million different promptings. I began working up a few new paintings and even had the energy, or my eyes weren't as tired from being on the computer, so I picked up a book as well. Sat reading while listening to the rain! Felt like a precious get away! Can I do without a computer? How much of my life does that thing really own? How much are we online today and how much energy and time does it steal away from what we really want too do or not do? And what about that small notion of knowing that we can always turn on the screen on and steal away and wander into forgetfulness. Into a forgetfullness of the things we are not happy with in our lives, the things we want to change! But can I live up to this world's criteria if I don't buy a new one? Will I be rendered hopeless within a year by declining IT skills? I'm just day dreaming really, about living in a world where we still speak to each other more than we text and where a few likes on a photopost isn't enough to keep a friendship going. But I'll miss playing around on my websites and I'll miss writing, but for now I will let my phone remind me that there's a thing called an online world untill it gets turned off in a minute! This Monday morning stay quiet, log out and turn off and see if your own energy levels won't get powered in stead of your computer or your phone! 

Comments

Popular Posts