#42 Monday Morning Coffee Post

The Elderberry is blooming, that wise old lady. Once we, humanity, revered her as a guardian not just for us but also for all the other creatures walking this earth. It wasn't uncommon practice to make offerings to her, ask for health and protection of our families. As I picked the flowers to dry for tea she directed me on which ones to pick where and which to leave. I stood dumbfounded for a moment looking at the delicious low hanging white flowers and asked a second time as uncertain of the validity of my intuition. But she did say no, there were a part of her branches she wanted untouched. For what reason I wondered but knew that it was not my place to judge or ask. I listened and with forced feet I turned to where the invitation was still open and plucked there. I wondered what would have happened if I had not been wise enough to listen and wilful enough to follow what I heard. Properly the sky wouldn't have come down on me, but much more subtly; what would it have done to our soul, to our relationship, to the relationship with myself? I don't know the answer but I do know that somewhere I am celebrating that I listened, celebrating life and the lack of my knowledge, as well as, my ability to disregard my demand for knowledge and act on my sentience instead. 

Good Monday- listen and follow and look at the fruit that will fall at your feet


Comments

Popular Posts