Life Is Smarter!



This is a story of a meeting that took place between me and another woman at my work at the garden centre. She came in looking for help and advise. She was clearly a cancer patient with her bald capped head and no eyebrows and she wasn't allowed to lift with her left arm. She told me she had just gotten a very large Greenhouse as a present from her husband, just like the one she’d always wished for and you could see how happy she was. In her eyes a clear passage to her soul opened up when she spoke about it and as I kept the eye contact with her, our souls began to sing. When she arrived there were no other customers. Both me and a colleague were close to the register so I took my time. She had never planted or seeded anything before, naturally she was very excited, she apologised for her lack of knowledge but I encouraged her to ask all the questions she needed and wanted. I could feel her soul beaming with joy and I just answered and advised her as best I could. As I could feel how important this was for her soul, I stayed present with her and as she talked I wondered what our souls were conversing about, cause there were clearly more to it than what kind of soil to use for seeing and so on. I forgot about everything else and suddenly I heard my boss’s voice calling me to the register. There was a small line forming with my colleague and he wanted me to open up the second register. I just wanted to finish up nicely with the woman on her last question but my boss would have none of that and rudely interrupted the meeting saying that it was to much questioning and that was what Google was for. I could see the fright forming in the woman’s eyes, she had been so apologetic about asking all those questions but I had encouraged it. I couldn't get to apologise before I was pulled away but my body language did it for me. I went to the cash register and cleared the line. Then I saw the woman had been waiting for me to get available again at the cash register and as she approached to pay for what she wanted to buy. She picked up her questioning again but before I could answer anything my boss swooped in with the most rude and vile behaviour; "for the last time, you do this this and that, what is it you don’t understand!?", he said. I was crushed as I saw the sadness form in the woman’s eyes but then it was just about to turn to anger when my boss who realised this and realised how rude he had been began talking and talking so she couldn't get a word in, explaining several completely irrelevant things. The woman held back her complaint, paid for her products quickly as to try and get away from this place as fast as she could. She sprinted out the door while my boss was still talking to her, sure to never return again. Our eyes met as she was going out the door and we both understood that we had the same opinion of his behaviour. My heart broke and the mood in the shop changed completely. This had not just been an ordinary help of a customer, there had been more to this meeting as such. Someone had wanted us to meet for however short a time it was and that meeting had been abruptly cut short. I wondered what that meeting had been about and I also felt sad for the woman as I could feel how important connecting to the element of soil and seed was to her. I felt partly guilty for the ruff treatment she had gotten, as I should not have turned my back to the register so I could have seen it from where I stood. Then I could have apologized myself and told her that I needed to go help at the register but if she had the time to wait I would gladly help her again. Then all of this rude and aggressive energy maybe wouldn't have emerged, maybe our meeting of souls would have attracted it anyway, who knows! I am sure the woman will get to connect to both soil and seed and there are plenty of other garden centres in the area so that wasn't going to be a problem either but what broke my heart was, that we live in this culture that does not allow for a meeting of souls to take place amongst the ordinaries of life. I wondered if our souls had finished what they needed or if a connection strong enough had been established to keep the link on the ethereal plain, I think the latter was the case. My heart at least were in prayer for the woman for a couple of days, and somewhere I think our souls were still in that meeting and in that conversation for those days. On the ethereal plain time doesn't function as time does in this world. However, this sadness in my heart of how there is no room in society to meet anymore, not really meet, won't leave. But there is also a faith in my soul that Life is smarter and the flow of the essence of Life can't be kept back, not if it really wants to go somewhere. I think it adapts is flow around the bends and bumps it meets in order to reach its destination. Sometimes maybe only if we pay attention to it and maybe sometimes anyway. 

Comments

Popular Posts