#26 Monday Morning Coffee Post

On a hike this week, long away from the noise of civilisation and in the roughness of coastal nature I sat on a enormous rock looking at the sea when I silently asked; what would you like me to say on Monday morning?

The answer came not from the deep blue of the ocean, or the mineral giant on which I sat, but from the tiny sturdy bushes and flowers around me. These little beings, dried almost entirely by the sun washed by the salty air and starved by the rocky ground in which they grow. Despite of their wonderful earthy golden yellow, burnt brown and green colours scattered with a single white flower here and there, they are easily overlooked in this rocky landscape.

They told me to tell you that they sing. They have a song. Each species of plant and bush have their own melody; sweet and low or high and flourishing depending on the season, the age of the plant and whom it sings too.

It made me think! What if humanity as a species remembered their collective song? I mean humanity's original collective song, without the disharmonies with which we sing at the moment­- then what? How would this Earth look like then? 


                              


Comments

Popular Posts