#22 Monday Morning Coffee Post

Do you follow your body's instinct? Not the minds voice but that deep silent knowing in your body about what it needs?

I didn't use to, I didn't use to hear my body at all. I had shut myself of from its voice. In resent years that have changed a lot, I have learned to listen to my body more and more. It isn't always easy as it is a process of attunement as much as it is a process of unlearning the mind what it has previously learned. 

Recently I had an experience, just a glimpse of something my body had longed after for years but I hadn't listened to. I had through childhood learning’s, society’s logic and reasoning and certain spiritual teachings learned that this wasn't a true calling in my physical system and for all too long, I'd listened to that. 


Well, no more! That glimpse of what happens in my system, the healing that happens when I finally stop the reasoning and let go into my bodily knowing has convinced me– from now on I will listen to that deep call of tissue who I believe at anytime knows so much more than my mind ever will. My humble apologies my body for coming to your call so late. 

Comments

Popular Posts