#9 Monday Morning Coffee Post



Envy- have you ever tried feeling envy?
I dare you to take a closer look at this 'forbidden' feeling. Ask yourself: 
What is envy?
Why have we forbidden ourselves to have this feeling of envy?

Think about it – take a few deep breaths – and really think about it.

What does the forbidding of this natural force within us serve?
Take a few more breaths and feel it in your body; where is it, how does it look, what color has it, what is the consistency like?
Is it dangerous and if so why?

Could it be that envy is a communication of something wanting to come alive from within us? And that the mirror outside us, is a reflection of where to look?

Comments

  1. I have followed you here from the space between stories - pleased to meet you- just talking about this yesterday as I had noticed it came up for me in relation to a friend a very old and dear friend who is a very fine balanced warm individual and I got a bit miffed at a class because she was asked to offer her wisdom into something that both her and I have had teachings of and my poor me went oh what about me how come she ... boring I know and I thought I dont want to feel like this or even admit to feeling like this - it is a icky feeling in fact the shame of acknowledging the feeling was probably worse for me. so I stopped acknowledged it and went to the buddhist teaching of mudita - in which you rejoice in other peoples happiness.
    the mantra is " may your success and happiness never end"
    embracing the dark embracing the light all part of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, nice to meet you too! Yes the Buddhist teaching unselfish joy- Mudita and peace is beautiful, but what I am trying to point towards is that there is a deeper communication in the so called 'dark' feelings but we seldom dig deep enough to listen to it. There is such learning about what we truly miss and how to nurture ourselves in envy. Envy isn't just a singular feeling it has depth and a life of it's own and it will teach you if you let it. But if you let it you can truly hold the person your envy was reflected on in peace and love because they were willing to be the mirror for this valuable lesson that will serve you, and everyone else, as a deep empowerment. Unfortunately we are often so conditioned by society and religion when it comes to envy that we move so quick to get rid of this feeling that we dismiss all that deep communication from within ourselves.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts